Friday 9 November 2012

Willow's Post - Flash photography

Hannah really likes taking photos of me. Sometimes I don't feel like having my photo taken and I'm quite hyper, so Hannah doesn't bother with the photos, but sometimes I am in a really calm mood and Hannah takes some photos of me and she puts them on this blog.

I don't mind having my photos taken, because Hannah is still really gentle with me, and she doesn't use flash so it's fine. Some people do use flash, and that would bother me, cause flash really damages our eyes! Hamster eyes are really delicate- though some people ignore that and take photos with flash just so that their photos are better! Some people...


Lots of people don't realize how bad the camera flash is for hamsters. We're not like humans, the flash effects us long-term. We are nocturnal creatures, so our eyes are made for seeing in the dark. When there is a really bright flash then it goes back to normal light again, our eyes just can't cope. I don't think Hannah has ever used flash on me, but I can imagine that it would be painful.

Flash photography can cause pets to go blind, which is really sad because your owner is practically swapping your eyesight for some cute snaps by accident! :(

.
Sorry about my little hamster-rant, but it needed to be said. DON'T USE FLASH PEOPLE!
- Willow x

1 comment:

Please feel free to comment, all comments are welcome!